Thursday, September 11, 2008

Surgery Update #2

Just wanted to give you all a quick update before the vicodin kicks in:

So the surgery lasted 4hrs, my first lap only took 1hr, shows you how hard my previous Dr check things out. I have numerous polyps in my uterus extending into my tubes. So all those were removed and he actually found some mild endometriosis. Even though its mild, he said endo is endo, so all that was removed. As for the uterus septum it was all muscles tissue, no fibrous stuff yea!! I still have to go on some estrogen for 28 days to build my lining up in all the places he had to cut polyps away so i suppose I'm waiting again. Once I'm done with the estrogen he have me use some progesterone suppositories(these sound fun) to bring on my period and then we will start treatment. Unsure what route we're taking we will talk about it next week at our post-op check, i will also find out more details about the surgery.

Oh and this just made me laugh, which made my stomach hurt!




3 comments:

The Witcoski's said...

Glad he was able to remove all that yuck! Hope this brings good things in your future!

{The Tresslers} said...

Wow, 4 hours!! Talk about thorough!! I'm happy to hear you are alive...Matt wrote down the message!

And that kitty looks so much like how poor Reilly looks when Maura comes in the room. Ah, kitty torture is fun!!

Teach Me. Lead Me. Inspire Me. said...

Checking in on you...Hang in there. The progesterone stuff isn't so bad. Hang in there and if I can help in any way let me know.