Friday, April 4, 2008

HSG Test

Well i survived my hsg test today. It was not a fun procedure but thankfully it only hurts for a little while. An hsg is acutally called a Hystosalopinogram, its to check and make sure your fallopian tubes are open and working. Of couse the Dr doing mine was young and cute(how embarassing) but he certainly was not gentle. Basically he rammed the speculum in me so inserting that was actually the 2nd most painful part. Then he rubs iodine on your cervix, this part was no big deal. Up next he puts a clamp on your cervix to keep it still. When he told me he was doing that, i was like what the ****. But it actually only pinched for a quick second, no big deal. Then he tells me i have to move up on the table, i'm like spread eagle with stuff hanging out of me but i managed to do it. Now its time to inject the dye into me. I though i might just take a crap on the table, the cramps were awful. I have never felt anything like this before, if that is what labor feels like, wholly crap! This poor woman up at my head was like breath breath and surprisly breathing helped. But when it was all said and done the cramps were gone and i got the good new that my tubes are open and working!!!

One procedure down and the next one is on the 4/14. Can't wait for that...at least i'll be asleep for it!

3 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Well, I'm happy to hear that the test showed that you are all clear! Wish we could have spent more time today at lunch! These girls are getting crazy!!! We also need to plan a dinner....SOON!!

The Witcoski's said...

Good news! Glad to hear it!

Oh, and don't worry...labor will be worse :-) But worth it!

The Browers said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. One test at a time.

Oh yeah, and Jaime is right - labor is a whole other ball game!