Monday, June 23, 2008

Gonal-F Injections

So i was going to show you a video of my doing the injections but i can't get it to upload for some reason and i don't have time to try any longer tonight. The injections really don't hurt as bad as i thought they would. The worst part of this whole process is going every other morning for blood work and ultrasounds. My day starts at the Hershey Med center for blood work. My poor veins, I'm going to look like a heroine addict soon. After that i then go to Harrisburg Hospital for an internal ultrasound. The reason i don't' do everything at one hospital is because my Dr is affiliated with Harrisburg but Hershey can get blood work results back faster. Yeah, it sucks! I have been injected now for 6days.

According to my Dr everything is going very good. I just found out today that i have a 10mm follicle in the right ovary, yea!!! A good egg for ovulating is usually around 18-20mm so i'm half way there. My dose just got upped from 75 to 150iu's because my estrogen started to fall so i'm hoping this will get me more than one egg to ovulate. Not that i want 6 kids but i'd like to have at least 2 eggs ovulate so my chances of getting pregnant increase. Hopefully sometime tomorrow i will get that video posted!

3 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Sending sticky baby dust your way (I'm laughing at myself for using that term!!)

The Witcoski's said...

Wow, Heather...never say that again!

Krisy - sounds like everything is going well! We'll continue to pray for you guys!

The Browers said...

ok, i don't even want to know what that term means. sending lots of baby thoughts your way - stay strong!