Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm still here...

First off I just want to thank Heather for updating my blog when i wasn't able too, sorry it took me so long to update. So far things are going well, we have made it 2 weeks longer into this pregnancy as of today. I never expected i wouldn't be coming home after my 24week growth scan, i also had no idea i was contracting pretty frequently. After 6 days in the hospital I was finally sent home on bed rest and I now take an oral med called procardia(sp) every 6 hrs to relax my uterus and so far its working. We had an appt at MFM on Tuesday and my cervix hadn't changed, it was stable, in fact it actually grew a tiny amount so thankfully i was sent back home. Bed rest is quite challenging, for those that know me personally I'm sure its hard to imagine me having to just lay around all day but I know i have to do it for these babies!!
Those are bed rest couch marks, not stretchmarks!!




How Far Along? 26weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss? 18lbs, i lost a few lbs while in the hospital and I'm sure I'm loosing muscle weight now.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, except now I'm just wearing pj's all day.

Sleep? sometimes good, sometimes bad, just laying around all day makes sleeping hard

Best Moment of the Week? My appt on Tuesday and seeing my that babies are doing great and my cervix was holding steady and grew a tiny bit.

Movement- its crazy in there now!

Food Craving- nothing really, laying around makes it hard to eat

Food aversions- nope

Morning sickness?-Nope

Gender- Still one of each!

Labor Signs- unfortunately yes but its so far under control

Belly Button- its flat!

What I miss- the freedom of walking around, going to work, shopping just doing normal things

What I'm looking forward to- My next Dr's appt to make sure things are still doing well

Weekly Wisdom- everyday makes them 1 day stronger!

Milestones- getting to 26weeks, its been 2 weeks since I started with my preterm labor!


Well unfortunately i missed my own baby shower, it was the day after I was put in the hospital, i heard it was very nice!! Luke went in my place and didn't open up any presents without me. After getting home from the hospital we finally got to open all the gifts, we were absolutely amazed at how generous our friends and family were, there is barely anything that we need to go get for these babies. Here are some pics of all the presents in the babies room, I'm dying to be able to sort through it all and set up the nursery but that will probably be awhile. This wasn't even all the presents, On Sunday that week my most amazing friend Heather set up a little shower and a couple friends surprised me by coming over to keep me company for awhile! Alright, time to get back to bed, I'll update again as soon as I can!











9 comments:

George said...

Glad you're doing better - love the "couch" marks! I'm sure you've been somewhat scared with all that contracting...be reassured that things are under control now...and stay rested. Sorry you had to miss your shower too...looks like you got lots of great stuff for the kids!

{The Tresslers} said...

Looking good!!! Couch marks rock!! We miss our Fridays... we need to plan something without the kids one of these days! Or, I can bring them over and let them run free so you can see what needs to be babyproofed! Hang in there!!! Keep those babies growing!!

emilythehopeless said...

you look great! good job mommy!! :D

The Witcoski's said...

Great to hear from you! Glad you're doing well and those babies are still cookin'! Keep up the good work - I'm sure bedrest is NOT easy....but you're right - whatever is necessary for those babies! Hang in there!

Kami said...

So glad you are doing good. Of course, bed rest stinks but it comes with the territory. I'm just waiting for the day they put me on bedrest. I'm thinking after the hospital scare, they are going to put me on sit down work only this coming week. Thank goodness. I'm done walking all over the place. :)

It looks like you did well at your shower! Yay! Mine is in five weeks. I hope I can make it!

Kami

The Browers said...

so glad to hear from you and see you. i''m loving that belly, and made me smile a big smile when I saw that crib on the left. :) hang in there buddy.

Rachel Kerbel said...

I really don't remember how I came across your blog, but how fun it is to read. Congrats on the twins!

Ashley said...

So glad you are doing better;) I was so happy to see an update from you!! You look great...love the couch marks;) Congrats on all the great baby stuff!!

Brooke said...

You look great and I loved the maternity session with Amy!

Glad to hear that Secret 1 and Secret 2 are doing so well!!!