Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm still alive...

Here I am the morning of the section and so ready to meet these babies! Of course once into the operating room I was scared to death and ask if i could change my mind and keep them in, of course that idea was shot down! I surprising lost my belly right away and I only need to loose another 5lbs and I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight..yay!!

Here I am meeting the babies for the first time, i was shaking so much i could barely hold them. It took a couple shots of pain meds in my IV to get me to stop shaking and calm down. I was not expecting the pain i felt after the spinal wore off, I was bleeding a lot and they had to push on my belly really hard to get my uterus to contract. Not fun but I feel much better now.

Colin James...you are such a sleepy lazy baby during the day but at night you like to party. Your the only one who has let out some big screams to let us know you need us. You make the funniest faces that we call "milk drunk look". You hate being swaddled and you are so strong you bust out of your blankets, you don't know what to do with you hand and you constantly claw at your face. You hate your baths and getting your diaper changed you only make it hard on yourself because somehow you always pee out of you diaper and soak you clothes. You have managed to pee on both of us and all over you face too. Your favorite things right now are eating and sleeping in your bouncy seat. At your last check up all was well and you weighed 5lbs13oz. We love you so much even though you are such a handful!


Lauren Avery...you are such a sweetheart and are so low maintenance. You are constantly smiling at us and you are so alert during the day. You love to just look all around and you especially love laying on Daddy's chest. I have never met a little girl who poos so much, I think you must take after Daddy. You think its so funny to wait for us to change you and then poop 2 mins later. You sleep very well at night and barely fuss at all I'm sure you would sleep hours longer at night if we didn't have to wake you up to feed you. You also love your bouncy seat and eating, I'm not sure there is to much you dislike right now, maybe getting your bath. At your last checkup all was great and you weighed 4lbs11oz. We love you very much our little stink!


Some tummy time with your cat snax's watching. She is not very happy about your presence in the house and this may be the closest she has gotten so far!




I found you two this way this morning, you both busted out of your blankets and were so hungry you were trying to eat each other.












Here is Grandma at Xmas with all 3 of her grandchildren. They are 17 days apart!







All the Xmas activity wore you 3 out so you decided to take a snooze together.








Cousin Harlow Jane, I'm sure she will always remind you she is 17 days older!









We got our must anticipated visitors the other day and both babies slept right through all the commotion. Here is Rowan with his new best friends.










Brenna and Maura checking out Lauren. Lauren can't wait to be big enough to hang out with the big girls!











After a long night I found Daddy passed out in the bed with Snax, poor kitty, not a good place for your face!












I am just so amazed that these 2 five day old blasts turned into...













2 beautiful babies!
















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! What an amazing xmas!! They are beautiful. Also it looks like you and emily will have babies only 10 days apart. Who knew?!? Congrats. Happy new year!

Paula Keller said...

This is just precious! What a great post!

{The Tresslers} said...

Love that post!! Those little ones are so stinkin' adorable. I just can't wait to snuggle them up again!

And I don't think I've ever seen such a funny pic (Luke and Snax). Poor cat!!!!!!!!!!

Mya Ann and Lea Ashley said...

They are so beautiful--OK I am crying again-every post I read from you I cry---I must get myself together--I just so happy for you and your husband--what beautiful miracles---I hope to meet them someday--I will work on Heather T for that!!!!! Here is too a wonderful New Year!!!!!

The Witcoski's said...

That pic of snax and Luke is hilarious! Love the post...those babies are so adorable! And yes, amazing how those little blasts turned into fabulous little people!
PS. We call that milked-up look a "milk coma"!

The Browers said...

such a great post, and recap. so much to take in, and now it is all a blur of survival as new parents. we m missed you last night, and we'll have to see those two peanuts next visit!

Anonymous said...

What precious little miracles! Congrats!!