Thursday, March 13, 2008

How our story begins

Well i have decided to jump on the band wagon and start a blog. As you can tell from my heading this is not a blog about my children, it is a blog of how i am trying to get my children. I'm hoping this will only be an infertility blog for a very short time period and will eventually morph into a blog of my pregnancy and future babies!



Let me catch you all up to date with whats been going on for the last 6months. I have been offically diagnosed with PCOS(polycyctic ovarian syndrom)http://www.pcosupport.org/medical/whatis.php. Therefore i do not ovulate on my own at all! In order to even get a period it has to been brought on by a wonderful drug called Provera. I take it for 7 days and about 3-5 days after my last pill my period will show up. For the 1st 3 months after my diagnosis i was given a drug called Clomid http://infertility.about.com/cs/clomi1/a/Clomid.htm to induce ovulation. I would take it days 3-7. I have tried 50mgs, 100mgs, and 150mgs...of course nothing worked, no ovulation, therefore no baby! Let me tell you the side effects suck...hot flashes, tired, angry, sad, headaches, not a fun drug!



My cycle with 150mgs was monitor with ultrasounds and just to add one more thing to the mix, at my first ultrasound(internal, oh what fun) they found an endometrial polyp. Don't know much about this yet, i have a Drs appt tomorrow morning to find out whats going to happen. But since the Clomid is obviously not working i am onto the lovely world of injectable fertility drugs.



So that about sums up my story so far...this is an incredible hard thing to go through only those that have been through can understand. We really appericate everyones support and heres to hoping a baby will come soon.

2 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

This is incredibly brave of you to start this blog but I bet that there will be many people who will read this and be inspired!! Can't wait to hear how today's appointment went!! See you at lunch!!!

Brooke said...

We only wish you good baby vibes! My bosses sister in-law tried EVERYTHING to get pregnant and after six months of accupuncture she conceived and now has a healthy, happy baby girl. Let me/Heather know if you want to explore it.