Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm offically in...

the tww(two week wait). We are so very excited to have our first real attempted at this baby making thing. Monday morning we went in for our first IUI. My ultrasound showed I hadn't ovulated yet(which was good) because that allowed us to have back to back IUI's. Luke, the macho man that he is supplied us with a well above average count. 146million swimmers and this was even after washing out all the bad ones and what ever else makes up the rest of it. It was over in like 2 seconds, insert the speculum and syringe the swimmers in. I had to lay down for 10mins and off to work i went. I was still not convinced that my body was actually going to ovulate on its own but they continued to reassure me it was. They said your LH was 46 most people come in with an LH of 15, you going to ovulate! I suppose i have the believe them, their the experts.

So Today we went in bright and early for IUI #2. I didn't get an ultrasound because they said i didn't need one because they were sure i had ovulated. I still can't believe that my body did it on its own, without the shot but I am still trying to trust them. Luke provided us with 18.8million this morning. They assured us its normal for the count to drop on day 2, he felt bad but it still was an awesome count. We reassured him, he is still above average. Tomorrow i start my progesterone suppositories and I go in Friday morning to check my P4(progesterone) level to make sure my body is absorbing enough and then on 11/10 I go in for my beta. I know I'm going to totally cave and test the day before, I'd rather be let down at home and be told by the nurse. I definitely am not getting my hopes up, i know all to well that this doesn't work more than it does, I'm just happy to have finally got the chance at it.

Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope I get to share some good news soon!

5 comments:

The Browers said...

boy oh boy... this is so BIG! I will keep my fingers, toes and everything else crossed. Keep busy, and we are wishing you and Luke great things.

The Witcoski's said...

Yeah! I was thinking of you at 9:01am! Good luck with the waiting game!

Mya Ann and Lea Ashley said...

wow---what a waiting game---I will thinking poisitive things for you until 11/10---best of luck and sending baby vibes your way!!!!!!

emilythehopeless said...

thinking only good thoughts for you!

Dagny said...

Good Luck!!!!!

And thanks for poping by my blog.

I'll be stalking you now. :D

xoxo