Sunday, August 23, 2009

5 more days...

So Friday is the big day and I'm completely excited and terrified! Please please please let there still be 2 babies in there and let them be OK. My number 1 fear this whole pregnancy is going in for an u/s and finding out one of the babies didn't make it, i know i need help! Of course I also don't want there to be anything wrong with either of them but i can handle any problems, i just want them to be alive. Oh my other fear is that my cervix is shorten and i'll be put on bedrest and have the babies way to early and they will either die or be in the NICU. Ugh why am I so psycho crazy...i blame infertility, my previous miscarriage and that i read to many other blogs where they have had unfortunate things happen to them.

I have definitely started to feel movement over the last 1.5 weeks, especially on the right side near my belly button. I few times the thumps were so big I could feel them with my hand and one night even Luke got to feel them. They aren't consistent yet and I mainly feel it when I'm sitting quietly at night on the couch after dinner. The definite love the nachos from The Wick, that was the night we got the hardest kicks!! mmmm nachos i could eat them right now!

This week I pretty sure my uterus is growing fast. I have been having that achy feeling and occasional stabs of pain that i refer to as crotch lightning and my belly has started to take off! Sorry no pics, I'll get some up next weekend.

Anyway I'm taking your guessing as to what the sexes of the babies are, sorry no prizes but I'm must curious what everyone things. Boy/Boy, Girl/Girl, or Boy/Girl let me know in my comments section!

10 comments:

emilythehopeless said...

1I don't know why but I'm feeling girl/girl...
Can't wait to see! Good luck! I will be thinking of you and hoping all is well with the little ones :)

Kami said...

I'm thinking boy/girl too! I feel your pain though. I am always scared of the same things. You are going to be just fine love! 5 more days!!!

Kami

Ashley said...

YOu wrote my exact thoughts about the worrying..except that I am having one baby. My latest fears are imcompetant cervix or wrapping of cords...I'm definately blaming it on reading to many blogs and IF!!! I wish I could turn the worry off in both of our heads;) You need to put up a gender poll...my guess is a boy/girl!! Can't wait to hear the results!! ((HUGS))

The Witcoski's said...

Your fears are completely natural. I haven't had your same issues, and I still have the same fears. It's just a motherly fear, I guess! And it does not go away (I have nightmares weekly about something happening to Addy)...so get used to it!
As for my guess....I don't know that I have a "gut feeling", but I'm hoping boy/girl for you! That would be so cool!

Cindy said...

I was always worried that we'd find something wrong at my next appt. Totally normal I guess! I love your name of "crotch lightning" - that's exactly what if felt like! Good luck to you.

kalibug said...

Praying that everything is going to be okay!

The Browers said...

i am thinking two boys. you look wonderful, and think wonderful thoughts... you are doing a great job mama.

{The Tresslers} said...

I am so far behind on blogging... I just saw your last post was on 8.16! How did I miss that?? Either way I'm praying for TWO healthy babies and the gender is going to be a fun surprise on Friday!

Pufferfish said...

Do you have a handheld doppler? My friend's with twins loaned me their and it's so reassuring to hear those heartbeats! I'm not such a basket case now that I can 'make sure' they are both still there a couple times a week.
Crotch lightning! Ha! I had one of those yesterday!
Thinking of you for tomorrow!

{The Tresslers} said...

Hey, we miss you too!! I'm sure we're not doing anything too exciting but we do have dinner plans for tomorrow night. Call me when you get back from the doctor!!! I'll be in KOP all day. Fingers crossed for all healthy news and no "surprises"... I'll never forget my 20 week u/s!!!