Saturday, January 24, 2009

Feeling better...

I found out some news on Friday that has made a HUGE improvement on how I'm feeling. Turns out I had a completely "normal" miscarriage. In the mist of all the chaos that day I misunderstood what the reason was for the miscarriage. I was under the impression that the placenta had pulled away from the wall and caused a lot of bleeding which ended in a huge blood clot the crushed the baby...Wrong! Our baby actually probably died a day or two before Sunday and the cramps and bleeding I had Sunday night was my body getting rid of the embryo. As my body was contracting the baby out, that's when the placenta pulled from the wall and the bleeding occurred. What was sent to the lab after that D&E contained no baby, so (and sorry if this grosses people out) what i actually felt fall out in the toilet Monday morning( and it was quite big) was actually the baby. I feel awful now for flushing it, but i had no idea i should have pulled it out. So unfortunately we couldn't sent it to the lab but they are almost positive that it was a chromosomal abnormality with the baby and that caused the miscarriage. Of course I'm still sad the pregnancy didn't last but I understand this is natures way of taking care of a child that would have had major problems. It feels so good to know that there isn't something wrong with my body that killed a healthy baby and it was nothing I did or could have prevented from happening.

5 comments:

Dagny said...

I'm glad you got news that makes you feel at least a little bit better.

(((hug)))

Ashley said...

That's a great way to look at it! I'm praying for you:)

Paula Keller said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

From what I understand, most miscarriages are chromosomal, and most of the time you have a good chance of having another healthy pregnancy later on. I'm nervous however for us, since this is the 2nd miscarriage in a row.

I'm looking forward to the ease of an FET, as opposed to the whole fresh cycle process. Not that I want to do that anytime soon though!

Kami said...

I am so sorry but yet very glad that you found out it was "normal". I am really excited that you will be cycling with me. Of course, I don't wish anything bad on you but it is nice to have someone with me. Hugs to you honey!

Kami

Teach Me. Lead Me. Inspire Me. said...

Praying for you and sending you an e-mail.
Hugs!