Saturday, January 31, 2009

29...

So I turned 29 on Thursday, not sure how i feel about that. Its really quite weird to think that I am almost 30. I remember thinking how old 30 seemed and that it would be forever till I was. 30's not old at all in fact i feel quite young. I really feel like I'm still 18 or something. I also thought I would have a child by now. I always had it in the my head to have a baby by the time I was 30. So this better happen fast, I'm running out of time to have a baby by 30. Well I suppose i technically do have a baby and i am a Mom. Its hard to believe that because I don't have the baby in my arms or belly and I only new him/her for 6weeks. I hope someday to find out who that baby was! I have to keep reminding myself not to focus on what i don't have right now and focus on the great things i do have. I have a great husband, I own my own house, i have a cuddly cat even if she has a serious attitude problems sometimes, we both have nice cars, I can pay all my bills and still have money left over to do fun things, we both have good jobs that aren't being threatened by the economy, we have great parents and great friends. So really I do have tons of good things but I still can't help but wish for just one more things, a baby!

Anyway I got a Wii for my birthday and I'm sad to say I'm quite addicted. I've already suffered from Wii arm, shoulder and rib cage, that's sad huh? I've also all ready smashed the ceiling fan with my hand and I wasn't even playing baseball or tennis, it was bowling??? How does your hand hit a ceiling fan while bowling, who knows! Luke took me out to The Melting Pot for my B-day dinner. We just had one open in the area and it was so amazing, I definitely recommend going. It was so nice to just sit and talk and enjoy the dinner, it took us about 2hrs to have the whole meal. This was our first time every eating fondue and we loved it. We started off with a cheese fondue followed by our main course and we choose to cook ours in broth instead of oil and it was delicious and of course we ended with chocolate fondue, i was seriously scrapping the last of it out of the pot. We ended the night with a few drinks at Chick's, it had been awhile since I have been there and it hasn't changed at all, still all the same people! All in all, it was a very good b-day and I'm off to open up my Wii fit and check that out!

These are the things my husband makes me do just for a laugh. Check this out Heather, I'm pretty bad-ass at guitar hero as well! I think I might regret posting this picture later!

9 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Happy Birthday!! Um, 30 is SO NOT OLD...considering my age.

Hope all your wishes come true!!! I know they will :-)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!! I LOVE the melting pot..it's amazing:) The Wii is a great stress relief:) Have a wonderful weekend!!

{The Tresslers} said...

You make 29 look FUN!!!

The Browers said...

Happy, happy birthday yo rockin' chick! I'm gonna have to hit that Melting pot place when I come home, and you can't go wrong with a couple drinks at chicks. good stuff!

emilythehopeless said...

i turned 29 on the 29th too.. in august. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

that picture is hilarious.. utterly hilarious. i'm so glad you posted it!!

The Witcoski's said...

Happy birthday! I am dangerously close to 30 myself (just a bit over a month) and I understand! So weird to think how far away that seemed at one point in our lives! Love the picture and love that you have some amazing things in your life. Always remember, the best is yet to come :-)

Kami said...

I love that picture!!! You go girl!! I'll be 29 in less than two months so we are sooooooo young!!!!!

Kami

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday! I LOVE the pic of you rockin out!

Paula Keller said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoy 29. :)

I was supposed to go and get the beta Thursday afternoon, and I came down with the flu. So I will go next Tuesday, and it had better be good and gone then!

I couldn't believe sex two weeks after a miscarriage hurt. Talk about adding insult to injury! Ugh!

Here's to better days ahead for both of us. :)