Friday, March 27, 2009

Snacks...

Well $667 later we have a diagnosis. This morning i noticed a big lump on Snacks left cheek so when we got to the vet this morning I showed him. Of course this lump couldn't have been there yesterday when I took her because that would have saved me $300! Turns out she must have gotten bitten again, when I'm not sure since she rarely goes out and she is only out for about 5mins at a time but i suppose that's just enough time for the mean neighbor cat to get her. So anyway the vet needed another xray, yesterdays xray was of her abdomen and today it was of her skull. My poor girl got a needle shoved in her ear to check for puss and of course there was so she got a shot of antibiotics and i have some pills to shoved down her starting tomorrow and we are back to vet again Tuesday evening. So I ask about the poo issue and apparently since her jaw is so infected and hurts to eat/drink she hasn't been, therefore she is not pushing out her waste. I'm still not convinced my vet bills are over, I'm guessing she going to end up with an enema if she doesn't go to the bathroom soon. I mean the way i took it yesterday, she was really blocked up with poop now today he seems to think she will get rid of it herself, who knows? Anyway check out my Snacker baby's cheek, looks like she ate a golf ball!


7 comments:

Kami said...

Poor baby!!! I hate when my animals are sick. Carmella has a hematoma in her ear. We will be taking her to the vet in a few weeks. Boxers are known for that! So, when are you cycling again?? I am hoping soon!! Thinking of you!

Kami

Sudbury Underground said...

Poor Baby!!!

My cat Leonard had an abscess on the side of his face just like that. The vet warned me it might pop and I'd get a nasty stinky surprise,but fortunately it healed up nicely, and no mess or smell!! yay!

So I hope it's the same for you. I'm glad that it might not be a bowel issue, that would be a longer ongoing type thing. I hope she gets sorted out fast!

xoxo

Dagny said...

and whoops!

It's me, I didnt' realize I was signed in with his...LOL

{The Tresslers} said...

Poor little kitty!!!!! Do you need me to send Reilly over to break that other cat's knee caps??

The Witcoski's said...

Oh my goodness! That poor kitty cat! I hope she's feeling better soon!

And by the way, my Dad has a shot with a .22 out a window that could easily take out that neighbor cat...just give him a call!

The Browers said...

oh, chipmunk cheeks kitty and crotch pellets. it's a regular freakin' party at the udlehovens! jealous... no. giggling at the word crotch... yes.

Mya Ann and Lea Ashley said...

aww poor thing---you seem to have a black cloud following you---hope everything works out with your cat-i know how we feel about our dog---they animals are fur kids--i hope these April showers take away your clouds and brighter days are to come