Saturday, December 6, 2008

IVF and Vet visits...

Well today was my 1st ultrasound for my 1st IVF cycle. Everything checked out so tonight I get to start stimming. We are just starting out at 150iu's of Follistim once a day. I react pretty well to the drugs so I doubt my dose would ever make it to twice a day. Next appointment is Tuesday morning, that's when the money is due and Luke has to drop off his sample to be frozen. We have to freeze his sample just on the off chance that on retrieval day he gets "stage fright" and can't produce a sample. Oh and that's an extra $200 not included in the $22,000 that's also due that day.


So just because we are broke from our own medical bills, my little Snackers was attached by the neighborhood cat bully from across the street. 6 puncture wounds on her left hind leg and they were abscessed and all nasty. So Thursday evening we had to go to the vet where she was clipped and the wounds were flushed. She got a shot of antibiotics and we were sent home with pills for her. Not sure if anyone has every tried shoving pills down a cats throat, not easy! The best part is we have to go back Monday for another check because her wounds were so bad they might have to surgically remove all the dead tissue...Yea! cause we have a couple hundred extra dollars laying around.
Isn't she just beautiful, I feel so bad for her!


5 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Poor Snackers!!! Give her a a little scritch on the belly for me!!!

Dagny said...

POOR BABY!!!!!

Awe, and yeah, from the mom of 5 cats.....have fun with the pills....LMAO.

I hope Snackers is feeling better soon. Bad cat bullies!!! (though I probably own one myself if you talk to the neighbours...heh)

xoxo

The Browers said...

Oh my, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You are all set to be a mom... pets are harder than kids in lots of ways! (I am picturing your face when you asked "what happened to your dog", and you were so genuinely concerned b/c C was so sad looking... ha ha ha ah aha hahahhaha). Good luck on Tuesday!

Ray and Chrissy said...

:( Sorry about your kitty. Our Roary had decaying teeth and we had no idea. One day I found her with her mouth open (very unusual for cats) and I started to research it- I got nervous and we took her to the emergency vet- 400 dollars later they found NOTHING. The vet was a complete MORON- barely bothered to check her teeth instead ran 400 dollars worth of worthless tests. Three days later we took her to our vet- he opens her mouth, touches the teeth says "they are bad and need to come out" to the tune of another 200 bucks. 600 bucks to have two teeth removed- I was so annoyed about the e-vet we'll NEVER go back there.

Sorry for the long-winded comment but I wanted to say good luck with your IVF cycle and I know that before I found out I was pregnant my kitties were all I had, they were/are my babies so I know how you feel.

Busy Beaver's said...

Seriously...if you can handle a sick cat then you're perfectly suited for parenthood!